“To be the best like no one ever was…”
DebateGYM is a powerful tool for mainly 1st and 2nd speakers to build knowledge of motions, practise impromptu casebuilding, and get guidance while struggling guiding them when struggling. It also helps debaters reflect upon and improve their cases, and learn how good cases are built.
What’s in each exercise:
- An introduction slide on the broad topic of the debate on why the issue is contentious.
- Articles for building necessary understanding around the issue and the debate.
- The motion.
- The proposition case dissected over three slides in increasing detail. (Read after delivering the speech OR when stuck during prep)
- Problem Identification and Key Actors
- Reflection & improving the case.
- The recording of the actual debate.
Welcome to DebateGYM.